Luke 22 v. 48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the son of man with a kiss? (49)When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord shall we smite with the sword? kjv
John 18 v 10 – Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his ear… (11) Jesus commanded Peter, “put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me? niv
- How do we respond when others try to hurt us, or mislead us for their personal benefit?
Jesus teaches us a lesson in reaping the rewards of righteousness during tribulation times.
- Be angry and sin not – Ephesians 4 v 26 – Be angry and sin not, let not the sun go down on your wrath. KJV
- John 18 v 10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servants name was Malchus. (11) then said Jesus unto Peter, Put Up thy Sword…
2. Put up thy Sword – John 18 v 11
- Romans 12 v 15: Rejoice with them that do rejoice and weep with them that weep.
3. Obey God – John 18 v 11 …the cup which my father hath given me, shall I not drink it? James 1 v 20: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
* Obey God in the little things, then when the big things come you will have a foundation to stand upon.
* All of us today have cups that we must drink from.
* READ 2 Thessalonians 5 v 1-28
Our prayer should be – Lord, make me an instrument of you peace. Where there is hatred, let me show love; where there is injury, let me show pardon; where there is doubt, let me show faith; where there is despair, let me show hope; where there is darkness, let me show light. IJN AMEN